Friday, August 28, 2009

A few poems.

1.
Young teenaged hearts
fumbling to mimic
one anothers heart
beats.
Hers strums slowly, gently
like weeping willows
on humid summer days.
His pulses quickly
boom boom,
like heavy thunder
hiding in grey skies.
All these years it took
to realize,
she thought,
our notes are on different
pages.
Summer turns to fall.
The thunder has stopped.

2.
Car lights from outside
in the crisp winter wind,
taint my faded walls
with shades so dark i cannot tell
where i have placed my tongue.
Shadows win a triumphant battle
against the lying lips i have grown to know.
Alone,
i stand on frozen ice
above me
transparent clouds mock what
they witness.
Plastic stars lead me to false meaning.
A photo of You and i
sitting under lightning struck skies.
Your useless hands upon my shoulder.
i can barely feel your touch.
Your lips part.
Stale words spill from your tongue.
I have studied your script
for too long.

3.
I have spent countless years
holding your hand.
You have me trapped.
I am not me when I am
with or without
you.
I have let my life pass on by,
like watching car lights
zoom past my window.
How did I get here?
I promised myself I would never
let a man take me over.
And then you came along.
So now I am stuck in your web
of empty threats.
Let me go.

No comments: