Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Morning.

So I woke up this morning with the scent of coffee lingering in the air (my Mom makes a pot every morning. Thanks Mom..I can always count on you!) I rubbed my eyes and shuffled out into the bright living room. Mom was standing on the balcony, coffee mug cupped in her hands. From our view you can see the mountains clearly and perfectly. The sun is beating down on the trees and after days of gray, I believe it's a sign that today is going to be a wonderful day.
I eat some breakfast, listen to a bit of music, then head to the washroom to shower up for the day. I've got my towel ready and I'm turning the hot tap on but nothing comes out. Not a single drop of water. Great! Turns out they're putting a new boiler system in our apartment.
The phone rings. It's my aunt, she's inviting us out for lunch. I look in the mirror and roll my eyes at my reflection. I am not going out in public like this. So, Mom leaves, hugging me and saying she's sorry, while I'm stuck inside, watching her walk down the back alley from the balcony. I guess this day wasn't going to be so wonderful after all.
Oh, sun, how deceitful you can be.

No comments: