Friday, May 22, 2009

I Was Walking With the Ghost.

Friday morning. Going through my same routine. I wish the sun was out. Wait, maybe I don't, because then I would be stuck inside this God forsaken greyish brown building, peering out the window watching everyone enjoy the sun rays. So thank you clouds, you've saved me from partial misery.
Lately I have been daydreaming of living in different cities (I'm not serious about this thought, I just like to imagine my life in different places). If I had to live anywhere in the states I think I would go for Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington (but I'd probably end up a bitter, miserable girl seeing as, on average, there are only 58 clear days a year). I definitely realized that I yearn to be a West Coast girl (even though I'm so tragically Prairie). Maybe someday I will have an expensive loft looking out to a body of water and mountains. Oh how I miss you.
I sometimes think I live too much in my own fantasies.
Jarika in New York- with five credit cards, working backstage at fashion shows, spraying cans of hairspray at barely-there models.
Jarika in London- wearing plaid shirts and boyfriend jeans, carrying around a tattered journal and sketching pigeons in the park.
Jarika in Japan- lost in a sea of people speaking with a foreign tongue. Always in a constant daze, never really seen by anyone around me.
Jarika in Winnipeg- just being.
I'm not sure why it is I can't figure out where I want to be, or who it is I want to be. I'm generally pretty content with what's going on around me, but sometimes I actually do get too caught up in my little daydreams and I wonder if there could be more to my life. But then I probably wouldn't be here right now, writing to you. And that would be unfortunate.

The sun is beginning to show itself.




Portland, Oregon.



Seattle, Washington. (Pike's Place Market)

1 comment:

Gillian King said...

Jarika in Winnipeg - sitting in her beautiful century-old character apartment, drinking from her favourite mug and writing in her brand new notebook